New: APPLY FOR ADMISSION INTO DEGREE OF BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MENTAL HEALTH AND REHABILITATION
Download Application Form
NEW DEADLINE FOR SUBMITING CERTIFICATE/DIPLOMA APPLICATION FORMS
Download Application Form
Selected Candidates 2012/2013
SEKUCo is now a full fledged university known as Sebastian Kolowa Memorial University (SEKOMU).
Bishop Dr. Stephen Munga (holding a staff) at the inaguration day.
SEKUCo was founded in 2007 and located in the Lushoto District high up in the Usambara Mountains. In 2010 the first students graduated with a Bachelor of Education Special Needs degree under the Faculty of Education. The Faculties of Law (Bachelor of Laws, Diploma in Law and Certificate in Law) and Science (BSc in Eco-tourism and Nature Conservation) were opened in 2008 and 2009 respectively.
The University is growing, and currently a new Auditorium and several Conference rooms are being built. The Library has been expanded and an E-learning centre has been set up. These are part of the preparations for the launching of a new Course for the Academic year 2012/2013. Brand new and unique in Tanzania, there will be the Bachelor's degree in Mental Health and Rehabilitation (BSc MHR).
The four-year modular programme is going to focus primarily on the training of Assistant Medical Officers and Clinical Officers to become Assistant Medical Officers Psychiatry and Clinical Officers Psychiatry respectively holding BSc MHR degree. The programme provides in-depth expertise in the field of Psychiatry; integrating the knowledge and experiences of the students and offers extensive opportunities to reflect on their profession.
The programme is divided into four Blocks; each Block has two Modules. One Block corresponds to one Academic Year. The Modules in each Block are comprised of 12 weeks theory and 5 weeks of practical training. Some of the courses to be offered are Functional Neuroanatomy, Neuroendocrinology, Developmental Psychology, Psychiatric Epidemiology, Psychiatric & Substance Use Disorders, HIV/AIDS & Psychiatric Disorders and Genetics in Mental Health.
Application Forms and more information about SEKUCo can be found at the university’s website www.sekuco.ac.tz or www.sekuco.org.
SEKUCo also offers the following Pogrammes:
(1) Faculty of Education:
- Bachelor of Education Special Needs (BEdSN) -- 3 years
(2) Faculty of Law:
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) -- 3 years
- Diploma in Law (DL) -- 2 years
- Certificate in Law (DL) -- 1 year
(3) Faculty of Science:
- Bachelor of Science in Eco-tourism and Nature Conservation (BSc ENC) -- 3 years
For the academic year 2012/2013 there are four categories of applicants for undergraduate studies and one category for Non-Degree programmes.
(1) Direct applicants
(2) Indirect applicants
(3) Equivalent applicants
(4) In-service scheme applicants (for BEdSN degree only)
(5) Diploma and Certificate in Law
(1) Direct applicants: All direct applicants will apply through the Central Admission System (CAS). They include:
(a) All who completed their form six this year and two years ago;
(b) All who completed their FTC (NTA level 6) two years ago and later; and
(c) All who completed their diploma in Teacher Education two years ago and later.
(2) Indirect applicants: All indirect applicants will apply through the Central Admission System (CAS). They include:
(a) All who completed their form six more than two years ago;
(b) All who completed their FTC (NTA level 6) more than two years ago; and
(c) All who completed their diploma in Teacher Education more than two years ago.
(3) Equivalent applicants: All applicants with equivalent qualifications will apply directly to SEKUCo. They include:
(a) Other Diplomas recognized by NACTE e.g. Diploma in Forestry from Olmotonyi Forest Training Institute, Diploma in Agriculture from Agricultural Training Institutes, Diploma in Law from IJA etc.
(b) Diplomas from outside Tanzania accredited by NACTE;
(c) Degree holders intending to join different degree programme e.g. Bachelor of Education, Bachelor of Psychology and Bachelor of Theology to Bachelor of Special Needs Education.
(d) Form six leavers who have attended one year certificate course which is recognized by NACTE.
For Equivalent Qualification Application Form CLICK HERE
(4) In-service applicants: All In-service applicants are to apply directly to SEKUCo. Teachers with training in Special Needs Education (Certificate and Diploma) who are currently working in the field and teaching in schools and colleges qualify to apply under this scheme. In order to see the entry requirements CLICK HERE.. For In-service Application Form CLICK HERE
(5) Diploma and Certicate in Law: The courses are offered at SEKUCo Tanga centre. Applicants should apply directly to SEKUCo. For Certificate and Diploma Application Form CLICK HERE